WiseLane Ventures’ strategic advisory group focusses providing actionable insights towards an organization’s growth. Our strategic advisory group combines industry, functional and subject matter experience to help businesses – especially in the initial and growth stages. Our strategic advisors have successful run and advised various stages of business growth.
a) Investor Readiness Advisory
Our investor readiness advisory essentially prepares a startup to be ready for both fund infusion as well as bootstrapped growth ( through revenue accruals). The need to go deep into every element of success is key for success.
What we help is to think and go through the new and untried methods – ‘“Today’s “best practices” lead to dead ends; the best paths are new and untried.’ – as Peter Thiel quotes. However, the fact is that the new path is built with a clear understanding on where a possible ‘monopoly’ is, and these could come from various aspects such as the below:
- Market Research
- Vision Planning
- Prototype advisory
- Business and Go to Market Plan
- Revenue and Sales Plan
- Financial modelling
- Organization Structure
- Business Process and Modelling
- Defining investment outlay
We enable the entrepreneur to think for himself / herself, but at the same time look at various fundamental element from a business perspective. To start up is one, to move forward is another.
At WiseLane Ventures, we also realize the need to focus on financial discipline in a post-funding scenario. The ability to focus on prioritized expenditure to enable fast scaling vs managing cash burn is key for success of a startup.
b) Fund Utilization Consulting
Growth comes with making resources constantly available and using them in the best possible manner. This entails looking at key processes and functions and ensuring that they are tuned for growth.
Our strategic advisory team consists of functional and domain consultants who can advise at both business and function level.
- Organization Structuring and Development
- Hiring Strategy and Execution
- Technology Intervention
- Marketing / Technology / Operations Management
- Sales and marketing – traction, market acquisition, conversion
- Revenue Stream performance tracking
- Business Process Optimization
The ability of a ‘third eye’ and at the same time, making ‘wisdom to pick’ is what has made our strategic advisory group very relevant to businesses.
c) Mergers, Acquisitions and Exits
Mergers or acquisitions can add strategic value to businesses at the right time and at the right stage of their growth. The main purpose of looking to acquire or merge is to enable that one time chance for make an impact in the business’ growth.
- Managing the project and helping negotiating contracts
- Risk and benefit analysis
- Target scouting ( both acquirer and acquiree) across the globe
- Valuation and Assessment
- Modelling the financial elements of the transaction
- Due Diligence
- Structuring the acquisition
- Acquisition finance
- Negotiating with the vendor
- Tax and structuring advice
Exits are essentially to increase liquidity, unlock value or reinvest. Many other factors affect liquidity. We help in divestitures ( partial or full exits).
- Divestiture or exit planning
- Situational Diligence
- Planning and identifiying divestiture alternatives
- Identify exit plans
- Enabling transition between the divesting party and the investors.