WiseLane Ventures’ strategic advisory group focusses providing actionable insights towards an organization’s growth. Our strategic advisory group combines industry, functional and subject matter experience to help businesses – especially in the initial and growth stages. Our strategic advisors have successful run and advised various stages of business growth.
Our investor readiness advisory essentially prepares a startup to be ready for both fund infusion as well as bootstrapped growth ( through revenue accruals). The need to go deep into every element of success is key for success.
What we help is to think and go through the new and untried methods – ‘“Today’s “best practices” lead to dead ends; the best paths are new and untried.’ – as Peter Thiel quotes. However, the fact is that the new path is built with a clear understanding on where a possible ‘monopoly’ is, and these could come from various aspects such as the below:
- Market Research
- Vision Planning
- Prototype advisory
- Business and Go to Market Plan
- Revenue and Sales Plan
- Financial modelling
- Organization Structure
- Business Process and Modelling
- Defining investment outlay
We enable the entrepreneur to think for himself / herself, but at the same time look at various fundamental element from a business perspective. To start up is one, to move forward is another.
At WiseLane Ventures, we also realize the need to focus on financial discipline in a post-funding scenario. The ability to focus on prioritized expenditure to enable fast scaling vs managing cash burn is key for success of a startup.
b) Governance, Risk and Compliance
Growth comes with making resources constantly available and using them in the best possible manner. This entails looking at key processes and functions and ensuring that they are tuned for growth.
Our strategic advisory team consists of functional and domain consultants who can advise at both business and function level to ensure Governance, Risk & Compliance is met at the unit level and the group level.
- Setting up of Financial Management Information System ( MIS)
- Internal Audit
- Statutory Compliance
The ability of a ‘third eye’ and at the same time, making ‘wisdom to pick’ is what has made our strategic advisory group very relevant to businesses.
c) Mergers, Acquisitions and Exits
Mergers or acquisitions can add strategic value to businesses at the right time and at the right stage of their growth. The main purpose of looking to acquire or merge is to enable that one time chance for make an impact in the business’ growth.
- Managing the M&A Process / Program
- Risk and benefit analysis
- Target scouting ( both acquirer and acquiree) across the globe
- Valuation and Assessment
- Modelling the financial elements of the transaction
- Structuring the acquisition
- Negotiating with the acquirer / target firm
- Structuring Advisory
- Exit Strategies
- Exit Planning
Exits are essentially to increase liquidity, unlock value or reinvest. Many other factors affect liquidity. We help in divestitures ( partial or full exits).
- Divestiture or exit planning
- Situational Diligence
- Planning and identifiying divestiture alternatives
- Identify exit plans
- Enabling transition between the divesting party and the investors.
d) Turnaround Advisory
Businesses often go through tough times due to multiple reasons. With financial support, businesses need often expertise in turning around through a third eye – a turnaround that benefits all stakeholders – shareholders, employees and customers. Wiselane Ventures provides the following.
- Turnaround strategy development and execution
- Financial process & system gap analysis
- Negotiations with interested parties
- Business Contingency planning
- Insolvency &Bankruptcy related Advisory Services
- Business Restructuring Planning & Advisory
- Strategic assessment
- Creation of Business Restructuring Plan
- Asset redeployment
- Cost realignment & Optimization
- Business process enhancement
- Performance improvement initiatives
- Metrics, measurement and accountability